European Voluntary Service
The European Volunteer Service (EVS) is a long-term international volunteering experience abroad. Allows young people from 17 to 30 years to live up to 12 months abroad while doing some activities in a non-profit organization. It is an international volunteering program funded by the European Commission within the Erasmus + program and aims at improving the skills of young people.
Since few years, thanks to the collaboration with Vicolocorto Association, we have the pleasure to host periodically youngsters from all over Europe who choose to do their EVS with us.
Volunteers take part to the activities organised by the local Italian Red Cross in 5 different areas, as support staff of local Italian Red Cross volunteers and professionals:
- Social and cultural entertainment activities in rest homes for eldery people
- Food distribution activities: on daily basis will take part to distribution of food to the poor families, in cooperation with the Municipality of Pesaro, in a long term perspective of personal support.
- Information and awareness campaigns: meetings with students and organising prevention and intervention workshops about different topics and issues (first aid, drug and alcohol abuse, prevention of diseases…)
- Press office support: support in the realisation of media products, information press campaigns, to spread the values and activities realised by Red Cross.
- Fundraising office: support in the fundraising campaigns, as the annual charity event.
- From 03/04/2018 to 03/10/2018
- Project Location: Via Aurelio Saffi 8, 61122, Pesaro, Italy.
- Looking for Volunteers from: Estonia, Hungary
- Project topics: Health and wellbeing, Youth (Participation, Youth Work, Youth Policy)
- Coordinating Organization: Vicolocorto, Pesaro, Italy.
- Project title: B.E.N. – Be European Now
- Project status: APPROVED